|Main||Profiles||Fun Facts||Fan Culture||Music||Books|
- Yuugi Hoshiguma's name's characters mean Star (星) Bear (熊) Bravery (勇) Ritual (儀).
- Because of the second character, she has been portrayed as a bear. Even turning into one in some fancomics, much like Hong Meiling, although she turns into a panda, which has "a bear or not a bear" controversy.
- For some reason, she is commonly called 「姐さん」 ("nee-san" or "ane-san") by fans.
- In the legend of Shuten Douji, a particularly vicious oni who lived atop Mt. Ooeyama, one of Shuten Douji's
four strongman demons was named Hoshiguma Douji.
- According to an interview in Cara☆mel for CiLR7, the theme behind Yuugi was to make an energetic, oni-like oni, since there would be lots of oni in hell.
- ZUN: And she's got sake, too.
- Interviewer: Yes, and she tries to fight without spilling it.
- ZUN: Yes, she fights without spilling it. Kind of like Jojo. *laughs*
- Interviewer: I thought that looked familiar.
- ZUN: Yeeeeees. Well, I meant well by it.
- Interviewer: It really gives the impression she's got a lot of self control, doesn't it?
- ZUN: I don't know if I'd put that much meaning behind it. It's mostly supposed to show, "Oh, wow, she's really strong!"
- In the same interview, he mentions that her clothes look kind of like a gym uniform, and it'd be easy to do exercises in. (Fans often depict her in a gym outfit that swaps her skirt for school gym shorts.)
- Interviewer: And her skirt kind of makes her look like an old-time gang leader.
- ZUN: Actually, her skirt is semi-transparent.
- Interviewer: ... ... ... interesting.
- ZUN: It's kind of ... ... ... ... there's no real point to it, though. ... ... ... but, I wonder what kind of cloth it's made of *laughs* But, that being the case, she's probably wearing something under it.
- That said.. it is never expressly explained what her abilities truly are..
- Yuugi Hoshiguma is thus far the only boss who stays around after her mid-boss defeat, and remains in front of the player throughout the end of the stage, unless you count Mystia Lorelei, who begins the end-of-stage battle immediately after the "mid-boss" fight.