Yukkuri shiteitte ne!!! (ゆっくりしていってね！！！), often translated as "Take it easy!", is a very common meme among the Touhou Project fandom which involve giant, disfigured heads resembling Touhou characters often called "Yukkuri(s)". It can be traced back to Shift JIS art of Reimu Hakurei's outfit in Curiosities of Lotus Asia that was posted to 2channel's "Touhou Series General Thread" on December 5, 2003.
The artwork was later edited and rendered to a head, which someone increased the size of on April 18, 2004, but it wasn't really noticed until somebody started posting the artwork in Shitaraba's Immaterial and Missing Power threads on May 28, 2007. Of course, the head was made fun of, but a few weeks later, people started making edits or variations of the text-based head. It's known what the Marisa head is based off of, but it's unclear when the two Shift JIS art was combined or where the "Yukkuri shiteitte ne!!!" phase was appended to the heads.
Ever since, yukkuri heads have dominated parts of NicoNico and made cameos in numerous other pieces of Touhou fanart. Their catchphrase remains the basis for many of the jokes centered on yukkuris.
Since then, writers and artists in Japan have produced a huge amount of yukkuri material, making an entire ecosystem based around their various forms. Even ZUN appears to have made a small official acknowledgement of the yukkuri phenomenon, with a line of narration reading "The rocket has been destroyed!! This is no time to be taking it easy!!" in Silent Sinner in Blue Chapter 12.
From what has been gathered through comic shorts and translations, mostly from anonymous contributors on 4chan's /jp/ image board, this is a peek at the yukkuri world. (Note: since yukkuris are entirely a fan creation, no standards exist. This means the many artists often make their own facts and rules.)
Yukkuris, named after their catchphrase, are creatures that appeared in Gensokyo one day. Nobody knows why or how. They are grossly misshapen heads with exaggerated facial expressions that bear striking similarities to Touhou characters, constantly telling people to "take it easy". There is a yukkuri for nearly every Touhou character, each with its own quirk and personality. However, all the yukkuris are incredibly stupid, so the quirks and personalities just end up as jokes rather than anything that even vaguely commands respect.
The yukkuri population in Gensokyo has climbed exponentially since their introduction. They're seen as pets, livestock, food, beanbag chairs, pests, and/or targets by the people of Gensokyo. The purpose of the yukkuris remains a mystery and probably will forever, so the best course of action would be to sit back, relax, and take it easy.
- They consist of a grossly exaggerated head with hair and head accessories.
- Normal ones are about the size and weight of a basketball. However, they can grow to much larger sizes. There are also fat ones which look similar to normal ones, but are slightly bigger and more bloated. If a yukkuri is forced to eat too much food at once, it does not become a fat yukkuri but is instead stretched out and "filled" with so much food that bouncing can force bean paste out of its eyes or mouth.
- There seems to be no upper limit to a yukkuri's size. In theory, a yukkuri can become any size as long as it eats enough. However, it is unlikely to happen naturally, as a significant size increase would likely cripple the yukkuri or make it more noticeable to predators.
- They are filled with bean paste and therefore edible, which makes them a particular target of Yuyuko. Some variants have different fillings. For example, Remilia-types are meat buns.
- They have an outer layer of "skin" that is a bit less than an inch in thickness.
- Their teeth, hair, and accessories are identical to their human counterparts, but somehow turn into bean paste when eaten. It is theorized that they are "grown" with dead cells, much like the dermal layer on human skin.
- Their accessories will stay attached to them unless taken off by force.
- They breathe, eat, see, hear and move (by bouncing off the ground), yet, with the exception of their eyes, they have nothing resembling organs.
- They are extremely fragile. Severely injuring them is very easy. They seem to make up for it by having lots of stamina. A yukkuri can survive extreme amounts of trauma before dying. Examples include: having a large piece of its body bitten off, having most of its bean paste scooped out, getting all of its skin peeled off, getting impaled on a stick, etc.
- They do not have blood; instead, they bleed watery bean paste. Despite having no circulatory system, a yukkuri can get dizzy from being hung upside-down. They are also known to urinate and defecate bean paste.
- They are soluble in water, but only after prolonged exposure. All yukkuris are aware of this and will avoid rain when possible.
- Yukkuris are very elastic. However, stretching a yukkuri beyond a limit will render it unable to return to its normal shape, and stretching it even more will break it.
- They have a "crying moe", which causes people to abuse and bully them. Even good-natured humans can become sadists. This has a reverse effect on some humans (Sakuya, Eirin and Reimu are often portrayed as having a yukkuri and caring for it), and little or no effect on youkai. In theory, this could be their natural self-defense, a psychic manipulation field that is meant to stop things from wanting to hurt them, since they lack any physical ability to fight or flee from predators. Only, of course, it doesn't work.
- Some of them have miniaturized bodies. It is not known whether they are mutated Touhou characters or mutated yukkuris. Examples include: Remilia-types, Flandre-types, Reisen-types, Tewi-types, Shikieiki-types, and possibly others that have yet to be discovered. Mutated types are usually born as regular yukkuris and gain bodies after a certain amount of time. The exact amount of time is unknown; it varies from a few hours to days. Whether the growth is instantaneous or gradual and where they get their clothes are unknown. After gaining bodies, mutated yukkuris stop growing in size.
- Yukkuris are able to regenerate from almost any physical injury as long as they are alive and provided with food (sugar is especially good), but they can still die. Mutant-type yukkuris have an upgraded healing factor. They are somehow able to regenerate without consuming additional mass and do so in a much shorter time frame. Eating a yukkuri whole is one way to counter their restorative abilities, and death is permanent.
- Despite their physical regenerative capabilities and short memory, it is possible to scar a yukkuri emotionally. Depending on the method used, a yukkuri may become catatonic, insane, psychotic, murderous, and/or dead.
- Yukkuris demonstrate great stamina when under stress and danger.
- A yukkuri’s main goal in life is to “take it easy”. It holds this above all other needs. It is easy to gain a yukkuri’s trust under the pretense of taking it easy. There are variants of “take it easy”; for example, Chen-types “get it”.
- They may form "families". These families may be made of one or two species of yukkuris (e.g. Reimu-types and Marisa-types) and the oldest (and therefore biggest) one is the "mother" of the smallest ones (whether they really are its Koyukkuris or not)
- They are usually incredibly selfish. They can and will attack and eat each other in dangerous or stressful situations.
- The other needs and goals of a yukkuri are (in order of descending importance): food, a home, companionship, and reproduction.
- They constantly demand food, particularly sweets, from anybody and everybody.
- Particularly selfish or stupid wild ones will often try to annex human homes. They will claim that the house belongs to them, and that the human should leave. This can be circumvented by asking permission from the yukkuris to take it easy with them and then the human can promptly eliminate the would-be invaders without suspicion.
- Leaving a yukkuri in your house by itself will result in messed up pots and pans and an empty pantry. They may also let other wild yukkuris inside.
- They always travel in pairs or groups. Villages of dozens of yukkuris are not uncommon. If they are left alone for too long, they will die of loneliness. Predator-type yukkuris such as Flandre-types and Remilia-types seem to lack this weakness.
- The yukkuri social hierarchy is dependent on size. Bigger yukkuris have more gravitas and are seen as mothers/matriarchs by other yukkuris.
- The most important possession of any yukkuri is their accessory. Losing it prevents them from taking it easy and leaves them in a near catatonic state. They will go through any means to regain their accessory, not limited to stealing from other yukkuris. Therefore, accessory-less yukkuris are usually shunned by others. The act of stealing an accessory is not looked down upon, unless the accessory is stolen from a dead yukkuri. Stealing from a dead yukkuri is taboo and will result in the culprit being hunted down by its peers. Some types of yukkuri have no accesories at all by default (e.g. Kaguya-types). It is unknown how these types fit in yukkuri society.
- In most stories intelligence and reasoning ability are virtually non-existent. However, it is possible to train a yukkuri, but the process is long, tedious, and slow. Yukkuris that are domesticated by humans tend to be much more intelligent than their wild kin. Some yukkuris are even more idiotic than the others, namely Remilia-types.
- Their memory capacities are incredibly small; a yukkuri is incredibly forgetful. If you bully one, there’s a good chance it’ll forget about it within a few hours. There are examples where a single yukkuri eats its family and/or friends and then forgets about it.
- Their limited memory does have the benefit of aiding their social structure. Groups of yukkuris will think that they’ve been together forever since they can’t remember anything before the group was formed.
- They have the ability to speak, but are limited to childish phrases. Their vocabularies are surprisingly large and disproportionate to their intelligence.
- In addition to their catchphrase, yukkuris will often yell out their state of mind. Their statements include "Refreshed!", "Joy", and other non-sequiturs that reflect their mood. They will also shout out rudimentary and nonsensical phrases such as "It feels like I'm running in the plains!" when they're engaged in an activity (running in the example).
- If a yukkuri becomes hungry or horny, it will eat/rape other yukkuris, promptly forget it did so, and blame the nearest living being. Shaking a yukkuri causes it to become horny.
- They all have an innate knowledge of several facts. For example, all yukkuris fear the “factory”, which is described as a place where they can never take it easy.
- Old yukkuris experience a change in personality. They become extremely sarcastic and frustrating to deal with. Upon being told that you will e.g. catch them, they will answer "He says he's going to catch me. Ooh, scary, scary."
- They retaliate against aggressors through tackling and goring. A common warning sign is a shout of "Stop or I'll get angry." However, due to their extremely low speed, soft bodies, and low mass, the attacks are nothing but nuisances (however, there are reports of yukkuris injuring humans by biting). The best counter is to simply step on them. Some yukkuris have different defense mechanisms. For example, Iku-types are able to shoot lightning, making them a threat to yukkuri and human alike.
- When angered, yukkuris will inflate themselves, greatly increasing their volume. However, the defense mechanism is effectively useless.
- Crying, injured, or infant yukkuris tend to slur their speech by adding dakuten (゛) to every hiragana character, e.g. "Yukkuri shiteite ne!!!" becomes "Yugguri jideidde ne!!!" In English translations, it works similarly, like "Take it easy!" becoming "Dage id eajy."
- Among types, the yukkuris can be divided into "good" and "bad" ones. For instance, a "good" Yukkureimu is very kind and a good mother, while a "bad" one is lazy and selfish, to the point of not caring about its young. A "good" Yukkurisa is honest and self-sacrificing, while a "bad" one is violent and will gladly betray its friends to save its life. A "good" Alice is haughty but kind and smart, while a "bad" one is a serial rapist.
- Yukkuris will refer to people they (usually) don't know as "mister" or "lady." This extends to just about everything, leading to phrases such as "mister butterfly" or "mister flower".
- They sometimes talk in third person, e.g. "Reimu's babies are moving!"
- Their offspring are called koyukkuris. Koyukkuris are easily distinguished from regular yukkuris by their small size and different facial features. However, their personalities and behavior are identical to their parents.
- They seem to be able to reproduce both sexually and asexually, the methods of each are still under argument. There are several theories.
- Koyukkuris are defenseless and extremely dependent on their parents. However, yukkuri parents can be very irresponsible and incompetent. A mother will often accidentally leave behind or kill its children. Due to the mother’s stupidity, it is possible to feed its own children to it. The mother will not notice unless it is told that it ate its children, a fact that it’ll probably forget in a few hours. The children are largely the same; they can easily forget their mother’s identity and be manipulated to attack and eat their mother.
- Koyukkuris can be born prematurely. They look like melting blobs with Yukkuri features.
- Several stories depict Koyukkuris from stalk birth dying if they do not land on a sufficiently soft surface.
Asexual reproduction theories
- They may undergo a process similar to mitosis where one splits in half and the halves become individual yukkuris.
- They may produce children when they die. New yukkuris will crawl out of the remains of a dead one. The Wriggle-type is confirmed to reproduce by this method.
- In both methods of asexual reproduction, the children are identical to their parents.
Sexual reproduction theories
- In sexual reproduction, one yukkuri will rub against and hump another. Intercourse between yukkuris is not always consensual, nor does it need to be. Alice-types are prolific rapists.
- Yukkuri sex is extremely pleasurable for all the participants (unless it is non-consensual) and involves a certain degree of skill. Yukkuris that lack sexual experience and proficiency may be discriminated against or attacked by their partners or other yukkuris. The yukkuri equivalent to orgasm is feeling "refreshed".
- The yukkuri on the bottom will become pregnant. Pregnancy may manifest in several ways.
- The first and most widely accepted method is that the pregnant yukkuri sprouts a tendril from its body. On the tendril are several undeveloped koyukkuris that will fall off the branch after development, a very fast process that only takes several hours.
- It is possible to sprout more than one tendril at a time. This can occur from either multiple bouts of intercourse or multiple partners during intercourse. The result can be deadly to the mother as the tendrils will leech the mother’s mass to feed the children.
- The second method of sexual reproduction has the mother inflating to many times its original size. This process takes a large amount of resources and time. When the mother is ready, it will burst, spitting out dozens of koyukkuris at once and returning the mother to its original size. This method is also not without risks. If the mother is allowed to grow too large, the birthing process will kill it.
- The third method strongly resembles mammalian methods. The mother will spit out with certain strength a single smaller, but mature yukkuri through a makeshift birth canal located slightly below its mouth. The process can be described as "terrifying". If the yukkuri ejects its koyukkuri at too steep an angle, the terminal velocity will be enough to kill the koyukkuri when it hits the ground. Also, scaring the yukkuri moments before the koyukkuri is expelled will instantly close the birthing channel, killing the koyukkuri.
- Sexual reproduction results in offspring that are identical to either the mother or “father” yukkuri. However, a yukkuri that has had intercourse with an Alice-type will only give birth to more Alice-types.
- Injecting the filling of one yukkuri type into another type may or may not lead to the injected yukkuri dying and producing a tendril with koyukkuris of both types. So far, this has only been confirmed by injecting a Remilia-type with a Yukkureimu's bean paste.
- In one other case, a transfusion from a Yukkureimu to a near-death Yukkurisa didn't result in pregnancy. It might be because a badly damaged yukkuri won't go into pregnancy mode, or thanks to both of them being filled with the same material (bean paste), it didn't trigger Yukkurisa's body's reaction, or perhaps the bean paste was somehow treated by Reimu (the Miko) to prevent that. Alternatively, the author hasn't heard of or choose to ignore this bit of fanon.
- Reimu-types and Marisa-types are the ones most commonly found. They’re generally very carefree and naïve. The Reimu-type is called a "Yukkureimu" and the Marisa-type is called a "Yukkurisa".
- Reimu-types often use similes and analogies in speech.
- Some Marisa-types have a hidden sadistic personality that causes them to torture and murder their fellow yukkuris with incredibly elaborate traps and machines. "Just as easy'd."
- Marisa-types can use their hats as rafts if they need to pass through water. They can also use them as lifeboats if they suddenly find themselves in deep water (for example, during flash floods).
- Also, Marisa-types will tell other yukkuris to "Drop dead easy!" ("Yukkuri shiné"), as part of this sadistic personality. In their juvenile koyukkuri form, Marisa-types will randomly exclaim a variation of the phrase: "Dwop dead eajy!". This is a good indicator of whether the Marisa-type will act normally or murderously in the future.
- Alice-types (Arisukkuri) rely on other yukkuris to reproduce. They gain the trust of a pre-existing yukkuri village and secretly kill off the children. Then, the remaining yukkuris of the village are gang-raped until they die from giving birth to more Alice-types. They seem to be able to control the type of offspring that their victims bear (i.e., only koyukkuris of the same species as the mother are born). This allows them to rape for pleasure and provides food in the form of freshly birthed koyukkuris. Alice-types may also just go around in rape-posses, preying on any and all yukkuris they encounter. Sometimes, it would appear that there are consensual Alice-types. These ones behave much like Reimu-types and Marisa-types, and prefer to live close to Marisa-types. In reality, however, these are simply dormant Alice-types that have yet to awaken to their true nature. All Alice-types, without exception, will be overpowered by their instinct to reproduce and will rape other yukkuris sooner or later. Alice-types are filled with custard. They tend to pride themselves on being "from a city sect", and they speak in a more ladylike manner than the rest of the yukkuris.
- Chen-types (Cheeeeeeen) jump much higher than regular yukkuris. They also prefer to “get it” rather than to take it easy. They are filled with dark chocolate.
- Murasa types like to kill other Yukkuris with guns and anchors. They always say, "Nya~!"
- Ran-types are good at mathematics, for Yukkuri, and can successfully count up to approximately two hundred and fifty. However, when counting, they will say "Ra-n, ra-n, ra-n" instead of numbers, and will inevitably announce that the answer is "CHEEEEEEEEEEEEN!" Yukkachens and Yukarins seem to be able to understand this, but when asked what the answer is, the Yukkachen will say that it doesn't get it, and the Yukarin will say that the calculations indicate that "Yukarin is 17 years old! Yukarin is 17 years old!"
- Remilia-types (Yukkuremi or Remirya), have the ability to fly and regenerate, and are filled with meat. They all see Sakuya as the solution for every problem they have and will often call out for her. Their favorite foods are sweets such as cookies and pudding. They have a habit of throwing non-sweet food onto the floor or in the nearest toilet, even if it wasn't intended for them. Those with full bodies also tend to spend their free time doing a peculiar (read: idiotic) dance, which involves putting their hands on their waists and falling over a lot. Their speech patterns also differ, as they tend to add "zo" to their sentences, but as most of them can't speak properly, it comes out as "do". In the same vein, they end their verbs with "du" instead of "ru". Some Remiryas don't speak at all, save for grunts of "Uu!" They will also instinctively claim the Scarlet Devil Mansion is their home and possession.
- Flandre-types (Yukkuflan) are bullies. The targets of their bullying are usually Remilia-types. They decorate the vicinity of their nests by impaling barely alive yukkuris on tree branches. They can attack with their wings. They are filled with anko, a sweet bean paste.
- Patchouli-types are asthmatic and physically weak. They usually only say "mukyu." They tend to be easier to train and have a greater capacity for intelligence. They are filled with raw cream.
- Youmu-types (Youkkuri) are called “Myon” and are extraordinarily soft. They often shout "Chiiiiinpo!!!" ("Diiiiiick!!!"), embarrassing the real Youmu. They are filled with white chocolate.
- Yuyuko-types (Yuyukori or Yuupii) are able to assimilate features from the yukkuris they eat. For example, eating a Remilia-type will give a Yuyuko-type wings. They can also rip off the assimilated feature to create a copy of the consumed yukkuri that is completely loyal to the Yuyuko-type. They also have the ability to suck in large amounts of air, along with everything else in the vicinity. They can swallow a Remirya whole using this ability. Yuyuko-types are made of sakura mochi. some say that a yukuko-type can grow little feet and hands.
- Tewi-types (Teikkuri or Yukkuwi) are the most intelligent yukkuris. They are extremely deceptive and tricky and are able to speak at a near-human level of proficiency.
- Reisen-types (Yukkureisen) can only say “gera gera”. This tends to anger people, as “gera gera” is onomatopoeia for derisive laughter.
- Mokou-types (Yukouri or Mokotan) are immortal and extremely rare. They are especially hostile to the Kaguya-types and are occasionally in fights with them. Mokou-types often stay away from other Yukkuris, excluding the Keine types, but it's unknown as to why.
- Iku-types (Yukkuriku) can shoot lightning, making them the most formidable yukkuris.
- Wriggle-types (Wrigguri) are smaller than regular yukkuris and serve as the decomposers of the yukkuri trophic chain.
- Yuka-types (
Yukari) carry guitars, playing them with extreme proficiency. Other yukkuris are known to sing along with the melody. It results in a kickass duet of guitar and very loud screaming. An example of such a duet can be seen here: 
- Sakuya-types (Yukkuya or Yukkuwry) actively seek out a Remilia-type and act as servants to it. However, they will turn on and attack the Remilia-type if it fails to act like their "ozeu-sama". Their greatest goal in life seems to be to meet the real Remilia. They consider shouting orders to Hong Meiling and the fairy maids of the Scarlet Devil Mansion their right and obligation. They also have sharper teeth than normal yukkuris and are more than capable of eating a Remilia-type whole, but they're still harmless to humans.
- Sikieki-types, known as "E~ki-sama", are extremely carefree and naïve. They also have a strong attachment to Komachi, who is seen as a mix of a lover/caretaker, and are not above abusing their authority to keep her close to them. They spend their free time doing a skipping dance. Their catchphrase is "Yoi zo~!" ("Thou may~!")
- Cirno-types, called "Cirnoff/Cirnov" or "Yu⑨ri" (Yukyuri), usually suffer from "This is the result of taking it easy!!!", meaning they are permanently spacing out, smiling and drooling. They have the same cooling properties as the real Cirno.
- Yukari-types, called Yukarin, are filled with natto. They consider themselves to be very beautiful, and given half an opportunity, will announce the fact.
- Prismriver-types, known as "Yukkurismriver" or "Yukkurhythmriver", have the ability to recall and sing songs (which no other type is capable of, normally). However, their songs are filled with nonsensical lyrics about food, masturbation, and/or Code Geass. Other types of yukkuris are attracted by the songs.
- Tenshi-types are masochists.
- Aya-types, called Kimeemaru (a cross between Shameimaru and "kimee", a form of "kimoi" (disgusting)), have the body of a life-sized horse and run very fast. They detest taking it easy, since it means they have to go slowly (just like a certain Cougar). For this reason, they enjoy preventing other yukkuris from taking it easy. They have a good relationship with the real Aya (They respect her for being fast.) and act as her subordinates. They have the ability to shake their heads side to side at such frequencies, they create the illusion of having three heads. Most yukkuris, upon witnessing such a blatant display of not taking it easy, tend to foam at the mouth, go ballistic or faint. Aya-types have fans at the factory and are not targeted by the employees. They are also handy with a camera.
- Meiling-types are very prone to sleeping. This makes them essentially useless as guards. However, when they are awake, they will look for something to guard and will do so despite intensive bullying. They are very spicy, enough to drive a starving Remirya away. This could be seen as a form of defense. They are also obsessed with announcing their name. For example, when one is being bitten, it will exclaim "I'm Meiling, but it hurts!!!". Sometimes they are incapable of speech and can only say "Jaooo~n", a sort of battle cry.
- Kaguya-types, called "Teruyo", are immortal and as rare as Mokou-types. They are doted upon by Eirin-types and forced to stay inside. As a result, they do not know much about the outside world. Their trademark phrase is "Help me, E~rin!" They also speak in quite a ladylike manner.
- Eirin-types, called "E~rin", fanatically serve Kaguya-types. They are immortal, but if one is unable to be with and serve a Kaguya-type, it may die from the shock. They are extremely clever and will set up traps to deter enemies and protect their Kaguya-types.
- Letty-types eat other yukkuris. They are often seen holding a warm drink, looking back, and making a small smile. They only appear in winter.
- Nitori-types can swim and eat fish.
- Parsee-types shoot green lasers from their eyes. They are extremely jealous of any other yukkuri species that take it easy within their vicinity and will even attack them. They are filled with lemon juice.
- Komachi-types are the rarest of all yukkuris, simply for the fact that they do not reproduce and are almost all killed off. The reason they do not reproduce is because they are always sleeping, only waking when someone specifically rouses them. They don't seem to die of malnutrition or old age while sleeping, and can sleep for decades on end.
- Koakuma-types (Koakkuri) are, as the name suggests, relatively small. This may be a side-effect of having the ability to fly with their two sets of wings. They have a perpetually confused and/or surprised look on their faces, mainly because they are always confused and/or surprised. While loyal, they are mostly ineffective at whatever they do, very rarely even being noticed by anyone.
- Rinnosuke-types (Kourin) are another relatively rare type of yukkuri. A notorious pack-rat, a Kourin will collect up random objects in one large pile, which it will proudly proclaim as its "shop". For some unknown reason, Kourin-types will only willingly reproduce with other Kourin-types. They can be tricked into doing it with others, but will faint and die upon learning the deception.
- Utsuho-types ("Unyukkuri" or okku) are like normal yukkuris, except for the facts that their insides are tainted by highly radioactive materials (to the degree that exposure or consumption means certain death), and that if thrown or damaged in any major way, they explode with enough force to decimate entire cities with ease. Some are born for swimming, but still can explode.
- Suika-types are the most peculiar of the yukkuris. Unlike their other fellow yukkuris, Suika-types are physically strong and extremely durable; their skin is three times thicker than a regular yukkuri's. As a result, they don't have many (or any) predators. Also unlike regular yukkuris (yet like the real Suika), Suika-types are able to increase their size spontaneously to about the size of a house and still keep a solid and durable form. The mechanics behind this are unknown. However, the sudden increase in size seems to increase their violence, and is usually followed by them smashing in walls or breaking through roofs. Despite their destructive abilities, Suika-types are just like any other yukkuri when it comes to taking it easy. They are extremely lazy and usually drunk to boot, and would prefer to sleep. A sober Suika-type has yet to be discovered, in fact. Suika-types slur their words to an extent, so "Take it easy!" would most likely come out as "Taygid eajy!" Their urine seems to be composed of beer, and their saliva is composed of saké. Suika-types seem to be filled with a mix of the two, though this is rather hard to obtain as, one, Suika-types will fight back if attacked, and, two, if one were to successfully kill a Suika-type, it would be the same as popping a water balloon. The much easier and neater alternative would be to drain a Suika-type of its urine and drool through the use of tubes. Unfortunately, this cannot be forced, so it would be a matter of patience. Their favorite food (or rather drink), would be, in fact, saké or beer. They also seem to like watermelons, but attempt to eat these whole rather than eating a standard slice. This could indicate selfishness.
- Lily White yukkuri are made of marshmallow, and annoyingly announce everything as loudly as possible (i.e., "IT'S MONDAY!!!" or "IT'S MORNING!!!"). Lily Black types are simply Lily Whites when angry, and are made of "toasted" marshmallow.
- Shanghai-type yukkuris (Yukkuhai) are really small and can fire powerful "Doll Spark" beams. They are only born from very rare Alice-types that do not rape other yukkuri and are usually the children of Alice & Marisa yukkuri families. They are filled with candy-bar nougat and only say "Shanghai!".
- Yumemi-types are so rare as to be legendary. Some say that they are nothing but fanciful tales and exist purely in the imagination. They are thought to be filled with strawberry-flavoured cream.
- Similarly, Chiyuri-types have been reported as being devoted to their Yumemi-types and pulling them around on large soapboxes, but reports of their existence are entirely unsubstantiated. It is thought that they taste like vanilla.
- Shinki-types are in the same category as Yumemi-types and are thought to be nothing but myth. Superstition holds that Shinki-types can use their ahoge as a weapon.
- Mima-types are extinct, assuming they ever existed. The only evidence of their existence comes from a red-haired Marisa-type found in a glacier. However, the rumors about them say they are absurdly powerful, and are very dangerous to humans.
- Yumeko-types are supposed to be fiercely devoted to their Shinki-types and protect them at every turn. They are said to have the sharpest teeth of all yukkuris, even more than Sakuya-types. However, reports of their existence are entirely unsubstantiated.
- Ruukoto-types are nothing more than sheer fantasy. However, some claim that these unbelievably rare yukkuris do indeed exist. If they do, then they ought to be extinct by now.
- Scattered reports of VIVIT-types existing are unconfirmed at the moment.
- Fear and despair makes a yukkuri’s bean paste sweeter. Conversely, emotionally dead yukkuris taste bad. Koyukkuris are slightly sour.
- Anything they eat will be converted into bean paste.
- Yukkuris can survive by being fed only orange juice, but they will not grow larger this way.
- A yukkuri’s accessory is present from birth and grows in size with the yukkuri.
- Putting a yukkuri on your head turns you into a yukkuri. Luckily, the process is perfectly safe and reversible by tearing the yukkuri apart, revealing the person inside.
- Putting your hand over a yukkuri’s eyes will make it think it’s night.
- It’s possible to fuse a yukkuri with a plant, so that the yukkuri only requires sunlight and water to live.
- Stealing a yukkuri’s accessory will cause every yukkuri in the world to chase you.
- Red yukkuris take it easy three times faster and taste hot. For this reason, they tend to call themselves "Triple X", where X is the species they belong to. Due to their rare traits, red yukkuris are ostracized by regular yukkuris. They speak, run, and generally do everything extremely fast—three times faster. They can also reproduce (three times faster) other yukkuris, and are capable of reaching 10 times the speed of the regular yukkuris when angered. Unlike regular yukkuris, red ones are very loyal and obedient. They are also very selfless and will often try to help their friends by various means. It is unknown if these yukkuris are artificially created (by the factory, for example) or a natural mutation.
- Yukkuris with green filling (the result of a lifetime of eating vegetables) are natural farmers and will grow their own food. They are also far less gluttonous than other yukkuris, and are eager to get along with humans.
- Even the simplest traps (a box) are too much for a yukkuri to escape.
- There is a way to make a yukkuri drink. Start by placing a koyukkuri in a bottle. It will just opt to take it easy in the bottle as long as it's fed. Wait until it grows to fill the entire bottle and complains that it can't take it easy. When it does, pop the yukkuri and drink the bean paste.
- The factory, which the yukkuris are deathly afraid of, actually exists. Humans can buy, sell, and trade yukkuris there. The factory has a breeding program to exploit and mass-produce the unique yukkuris that it finds, which explains why they fear the 'Factory'.
- A society known by the name "Bullying Onii-sans" or "Bullying Sisters" has been created by and for aficionados of yukkuri bullying. The only thing necessary to enroll is the desire to bully yukkuris. Hieda no Akyu may belong to this organization, as she is usually portrayed killing yukkuris.
- In the first episode of the anime Natsu no Arashi! (夏のあらし!) at 6:51 there is a yukkuri Reimu shaped weather vane.
yukkuri.shiteitte.net(Dead Link), Yukkuri-specific image archive and wiki
- Yukkuri Matome Wiki: A repository for Shift_JIS Yukkuri art (Japanese)
- Yukkuri Wiki: Extensive wiki, with detailed information on Yukkuris
Untranslated TV segment on YouTube(Dead Link), featuring Minoru Shiraishi. Traces the original 2ch post to October 13, 2007.