|Main||Profiles||Fun Facts||Fan Culture||Music||Books|
Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red
- Main article: Article and Interview: Yukari
After hearing a fox's cry, Aya Shameimaru went to investigate. She found Yukari beating Ran Yakumo over the head with an umbrella, which Yukari claimed was only for disciplining her. Because Aya is a crow tengu, she feels animal rights are important and was upset by Yukari's "animal abuse."
During the interview Yukari insisted that it was not animal abuse because Ran is a shikigami, which Yukari considered to make her no longer count as being an animal. Yukari explained that as long as a shikigami follows its master's will then it will be as strong as its master. Ran had apparently disobeyed Yukari by doing something she hadn't been ordered to do. Because of that Ran wasn't as strong as she could be and ended up putting herself in danger while relying only on her own strength. This discipline was meant to remind Ran just who her master is so that Ran won't needlessly be in danger by fighting at less than full strength. Aya didn't think that excused it at all.
Yukari also called the Bunbunmaru Newspaper a shoddy paper and offered to make Aya her shikigami too, which Aya refused.
Perfect Memento in Strict Sense
- Main article: Perfect Memento: Yukari Yakumo
- Although Yukari's appearance is identical to a human she is not one, does not think like one, and cannot be expected to be friendly toward humans.
- She has no weaknesses, but fortunately seems to rarely attack humans.
- She sleeps in the day and is awake at night, like most youkai, and wears extravagant clothes.
- At the very least she is 1,200 years old and has been involved in various major events in Gensokyo's history.
- She is extremely intellegent and good at mathematics, as well as being very experienced due to her long life.
- She's eager to tell people about herself and Gensokyo but no one knows if she's telling the truth.
- Her house is supposed to be on the Hakurei Border but no one knows exactly where, or if it's even in Gensokyo at all.
- Yukari sleeps so much that much of her work is left to her shikigami Ran Yakumo instead.
- Yukari's power to manipulate boundaries gives her power over all sorts of things and is comparable to the powers of the gods.
- Her manipulation of boundaries even affect illusion and reality, or the fictional and the actual.
- She can travel anywhere through gaps in space and cannot be followed through them, and can freely travel through the Hakurei Border.
- She could also simply reach a hand through a gap in space and steal people's food from a distance.
- Because Gensokyo itself exists due to the boundary around it, Yukari could supposedly destroy Gensokyo if she wished.
- Over 1,000 years ago Yukari invaded the Moon with an army of youkai for unknown reasons but was defeated.
- Yukari apparently had a hand in the creation of the Hakurei Border as well as encouraging youkai to immigrate to Gensokyo.
- Originally not all youkai supported the creation of the Hakurei Border but hardly any are against it now.
- Yukari is thought to have weakened the border between the world of the living and the Netherworld for an unknown reason.
The Grimoire of Marisa
- Main article: The Grimoire of Marisa: Yukari Yakumo's Spell Cards
- Insert Summary Here