Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Return to Locations.
Youkai Mountain (Youkai no Yama, 妖怪の山) is reputedly the greatest mountain in Gensokyo. At the base of it live the Kappa, such as Nitori Kawashiro, and at the top are the Tengu. It's actually such a dangerous place full of youkai, some of which don't like humans, that humans are normally unable to come here.
This mountain is protected by the white wolf tengu, such as Momiji Inubashiri, who patrol it. Also among the tengu living here is Aya Shameimaru, as well as other newspaper-writing tengu. The tengu chief is Lord Tenma.
Lately a new arrival from the outside world, the Moriya Shrine, has appeared on the mountain along with a lake. Sanae Kochiya, Kanako Yasaka, and Suwako Moriya all live at or near here. Both the kappa and tengu have come to accept Kanako as a resident god and now live in peace.
According to Perfect Memento, Suika Ibuki can also be found here.
- Books and articles:
- Known areas:
- The Great Youkai Forest (Hina Kagiyama, and numerous youkai are said to be found here.)
- The waterfalls (Possibly due to the lake that had been brought along with the Moriya Shrine.)
- The Moriya Shrine (Sanae, Kanako and Suwako live here. It appeared during the events of Mountain of Faith.)
- Heaven (Can be found somewhere above, most battles from Scarlet Weather Rhapsody took place here.)
- Underground Geyser Center (Built after the events in Subterranean Animism, Utsuho is seen here working with Kanako and Suwako for the Nuclear Project)