Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Because of many changes from the original game, there is much less planning and building to be done on a Touhoumon.
- TM06 Toxic (Poison type attack that can severely poison), TM 32 Double Team (evade up) and TM10 Bride Training (obtainable by Pick Up, and shops in unofficial patches), a 5 PP move that recovers half HP, can be learned by almost all Touhoumon.
- TM45 Morning Sun is now a 80 base power Grass Type special attack, not a healing move. It has a 10% chance to lower the opponent's special defence. It can be bought at Celadon for 3000 yen.
- HM 07 Waterfall has a chance to flinch the opponent.
- Judgement is the only one hit knock out move in the game, and is learned by Shikieiki.
- Seal Needle paralyzes, not poisons.
- Mud Sport does damage as well as weakening electric attacks.
- Hidden Power is not available.
- Coerce reduces the opponents PP from the last move it used.
- All Move Tutors are disabled on version 1.5x, except two. A girl on the second floor of the house (with a door) on the top left corner of Saffron City teaches Learning if you give her a Poke Doll bought from Celadon City Department Store and a man on the bridge south of the seventh island teaches Mind's Eye. These tutors are the only way in which some Touhoumon can learn these two moves.
- The Hyper Beams in this game are LUNATIC (Normal), Blast Burn (Fire), Hydro Cannon (Water), Sheer Cold (Ice) and Hisou Sword (Ground). Frenzy Plant is now HouraiPetals, which is a grass-type Overheat (equivalent to Leaf Storm from the 4th generation of Pokemon).
- Memento is a 220 base power Dark type move that KOs the user.
- The only Bug-types are Yamame (Bug/Ground) and Wriggle.
- The only Dragon-types are Iku (Dragon/Electric) and EX Meiling (Dragon/Fighting).
- General Touhoumon balance is better than in the original Pokemon games. There's generally only about 10-60 total base stat difference between various Touhoumon. The only real exceptions are the 'legendaries' and novelty Touhoumon.
...as well as some aspects from the main Touhou games:
- Stage 6/Extra Stage bosses are not necessarily the strongest Touhoumon. Cirno, for example, is among the strongest Ice or Water types, and Shizuha is among the strongest Grass types.
- Many Touhoumon have signature moves drawn from their profiles, such as Yuyuko's Resurrection Butterfly and Marisa's Master Spark.