Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Return to The Genius of Sappheiros
Q: For certain Characters, whenever your applying power-points to their unique weapons respectively, it crashes the game. Why?
- A: Try setting your computer's region to Japanese (for example, with applocale). This usually resolves the issue.
Q: Even when I use applocale to set the region, I doesn't even start up now. Why is that?
- A: You have to install the game using applocale, then start up using applocale.
Q: None of the buttons do anything!
- A: Run Config.exe and change the keys. The game's control default is set to a gamepad, so if you wish to play on a keyboard, you'll have to.
Q: Can I run this game on Vista or Windows 7?
- A: Yes. Right click the program and set its compatibility mode to Windows XP. As with other Touhou games, you'll need your computer's region set to Japanese.
Q: Some of the animations crash my display drivers!
- A: You can turn off attack animations in the in-game options menu.
Q: Other things (E.G, cinematics) are crashing the game!
- A: Run Config.exe and set the graphics to 16-bit.
Q: Are there any farming tips?
- A: Yes, have someone in your party equip the Gamer Japanese Fan that you get from the vending machine. I have noticed a significant difference in item drop rates overall when fighting with it, farming or not. Its important that you know which crafting item you actually need, which monsters drop them, and if the monster is alone or not. If the monster only appears by itself during encounters, then this will not work. Once you know which monster you need the item from, start looking for encounters where they appear in groups of at least two or more (if possible), and at least one more other random monster accompanying them to spare. Kill all monsters which drop the item you are looking for, and if they don't drop anything, run away from the encounter (this is why you keep at least one monster alive). After running away, fight with the same group again, then rinse and repeat this process until at least one of them drops the item you are looking for. However, it is important that when you do eventually find the item, that you NOT run away from the encounter, and instead kill all remaining monsters. This is because you will not obtain any dropped items from an encounter if you flee. After you dispose of each group after they drop the item, simply look for another encounter to do the same thing to until you have enough of the item that you need. To make your chances of obtaining items higher, set Sanae as the field commander, that will make the Last Words activation rate higher. Put Byakuren Hijiri in your party and use her Last Word which will raise the experience gained and item drop rates up to a maximum of 200%.
- Unlocking Fujiwara no Mokou: After visiting Hieda no Akyu for the first time, talk another time with her. The Bamboo Forest maze will appear to the west; head there, and travel through the forest in accordance with the Konami Code (Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right) to find Mokou.
- Unlocking Byakuren Hijiri: Head to the shrine in the southeast where Minamitsu Murasa is standing. Wait in this building for a full hour of real time and a cutscene will trigger in which Byakuren will join.
You do not need to visit the scarlet devil mansion (or visit Akyu for Byakuren) to unlock those characters.
Vending Machine Codes
Inside Rinnosuke's shop there is a vending machine. You can enter 8-digit code to recieve various eqiupment.
68997264 : Melon Sword (Exp earned UP)
16394122 : Gamer Japanese Fan (Item drop rate up?)
28896765 : Animate Pen (Ignores defense(small)?)
75024087 : White Lance (Power earned UP)
71228829 : Akiba Cherry Branch(?) (Restores HP&MP)
98530865 : Messe Dagger (HP&MP+10%)
28614360 : Tiger Axe (Ability to use a skill(主砲))
30723811 : D-Staff (Enables shield?)