Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Go to Chapter 7
Go back to Chapter 5
Return to Chapter Index
Chapter 6 - Turning Point
Exa and Chrono left Marisa's house, and started to think where to go.
- You said that you want to learn danmaku - said Chrono.
- Yes, that's true, but I have no idea where I can do that - answered Exa.
- We should find a town or something, where we can find a danmaku instructor.
- Good idea!
- Ok, let's...
Chrono couldn't finish the sentence. Exa and Chrono seemed to freeze in their current position. Time had been stopped! When the spell went off, they realized that throwing knives fly to them very fast.
Exa blocked them with a Lighting Shield, and Chrono avoided the attack. After that, they saw the person who stopped the time. It was Sakuya Izayoi!
- So, did you really think that you could trick us? - she asked.
- What are you talking about? - Chrono seemed nervous.
- Don't play the innocent, you stole the book!
- What book?
- The book about energy focusing! You were the only visitors in the Scarlet Devil Mansion nowadays, and before that visit, the book was there, so you must be the ones who stole the book!
- Prove it!
- But... - Exa started to say something, but he couldn't finish it.
- No 'but's! We didn't do anything! - Chrono interrupted him.
- Sorry, but if you resist, I must stop you!
- Just as I thought, you're an assassin!
- An assassin? No, I'm not. I don't want to kill you, I just want to prevent your escape! - and Sakuya stopped the time again.
With the manipulation of time's flow, she easily had an advantage against Exa and Chrono, who hardly could evade the attacks.
After a short time, Sakuya wanted to finish the battle fast, and used one of her special skills, Strange Art "Misdirection" .
That was the point when our heroes were completely overwhelmed by knives. They tried to stood against the mass of blades, but the wounds weakened them completely. They fainted... A few hours passed. Exa opened his eyes.
- Where... are... we? - he asked, however, he was still injured.
- So, you're awake! Ok, so what is the situation about the book? I hope you're more talkative than your friend! - said Sakuya.
- We were... the ones who stole... the book. Marisa... asked us to do it... for the Dispear.
- So, that was another trick from that dirty thief! - Sakuya stabbed a knife to the table. Because of that noise, Chrono woke up, too.
- Did you tell them? - Chrono asked the question to Exa. Chrono wasn't suffered that much, thanks to his greater constitution.
- Yes... that was... the best I... can do.
- IDIOT! You shouldn't do that! - Chrono became very angry.
- There is no point in denying what you did. But what is that Dispear thing? - asked Sakuya.
- We don't need to tell it!
- It's the best for you to tell... - Sakuya pointed a knife to Chrono - if you want to leave the mansion alive. Or do you want to end up as dinner?
- D...dinner? - Exa didn't want to believe what he heard.
- Yes, the mistress is hungry... - Sakuya smiled.
- I don't fear your mistress! - Chrono was still determined.
- You would regret that - the chief maid left the room.
- Now, we have a chance to escape! - said Chrono.
- No... way. I'm still... wounded, and we couldn't escape... from them. I don't... want to die...
Sakuya came back with another person, who was a short, light-blue haired girl with bat wings.
- A... a... VAMPIRE!!! - shouted Exa, and fainted again.
- So, the mistress is a vampire... - thought Chrono.
- Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Remilia Scarlet, the mistress of the mansion, the Scarlet Devil. - said the vampire.
- The Scarlet Devil? But you're not a devil! - Chrono found the situation a bit ridiculous.
- Well, you don't understand anything. Anyway, you have two choices: you get back the book - with some other books which was stolen by Marisa too - or... I think you know the other possibility. - Remilia sounded serious in that point.
- All right, we get back the book. - Chrono finally accepted the mission.
- Also, to prevent your escape, Sakuya will escort you. When your friend feels a bit better, you can go.
When Exa woke up, another day has passed. Chrono tried to explain him the facts.
- Ok, we need to retrieve some books, including the one we stole.
- That's ok, we deserved that. - Exa seemed calm.
- But don't you remember the Master Spark which Marisa used? We'll end up dead!
- That is possible, too, but I hope we can survive this.
- Also, that chief maid comes with us, too.
- That's great, she is very experienced, with her help, we'll win!
After a short time, Sakuya appeared.
- Ok, we'll go... NOW!
- All right! - Exa and Chrono agreed that this is the best for them.
Our heroes and Sakuya reached Marisa's house quite fast - they didn't need to fight against anybody.
- Ok, I'll go, wait for me - said Exa, and he knocked on the door, Chrono and Sakuya waited further. Marisa opened the door.
- Is that you, Exa? - the magician remembered the Lighting Mage.
- Yes, and I want you to do something.
- What is it?
- It seems that in the Scarlet Devil Mansion, they miss the focusing book and some others. They want to get them back.
- No way! It would mean that I gave you the staff for free, ze!
- I give you what you want...
- No deal!
- Sorry to disturb ... - Exa couldn't finish the sentence, because suddenly, Chrono and Sakuya ran to the house and threw knives and kunais to Marisa. Exa managed to avoid the attacks (he counted for a similar maneuver), but the black-white magician was surprised, so she couldn't defend herself properly.
Chrono's Multiple Throw and Sakuya's Maid Secret Skill "Marionette" made a very powerful combination. Marisa was defeated.
- Ok, take the books, just leave me alone, ze... - that was very painful for her.
- Yes! We did it! - Chrono was contented.
- To tell the truth, you are quite good. If you could learn danmaku, you could be even more powerful! - said Sakuya to Chrono.
- Of course! If you want, I can teach you some techniques!
- Could you wait for me, please? I need something to do. - asked Exa.
- All right, but do it fast - nodded Chrono.
Exa flew to the Kourindou.
- Excuse me, do you have something which is good for constitution? - asked Exa to Rinnosuke.
- Let me see... Yes, that's it! An Amulet of Health (Note: in a D&D system, it would give +3 Constitution) is a very good choice for this!
- And what is the price for this?
- 60000 Yen, or 600 GPs.
- All right, here you are! Goodbye!
Exa came back to Sakuya and Chrono, and they flew back to the Scarlet Devil Mansion together. In the mansion, Remilia and Patchouli were already waiting for them.
- Oh, here you are! - said the Scarlet Devil. - did you get the books?
- Yes, these are the books, right? - Chrono showed the books.
- Yes, I need those books - Patchouli took the books.
Suddenly, Exa kneeled down, and started to cry.
- We're... so sorry! We caused you so much trouble just for some mean reason! I hope you can forgive us!
- And... - he stepped to Patchouli,
- here is something for you. I promised you that I'd give you something good for your constitution - he showed the Amulet of Health - so ... please, accept this!
- You don't need to ...
- I must do this! That makes my conscience calm.
- Thank you for your present! - Patchouli smiled.
- Wait a minute! Where did you get that amulet? - asked Chrono.
- I bought it at Kourindou.- answered Exa.
- And how much did it cost?
- 600 GPs.
- ARE YOU COMPLETELY CRAZY? How much money do you have left?
- Don't worry, I still have 390 GPs.
- I can't understand you... - Chrono sighed.
- Can I ask one question? - asked Exa from Patchouli.
- Yes, of course.
- Can you teach me the danmaku?
- Why not? It's good to have an apprentice like you.
Exa and Chrono managed to get on well with the Scarlet Devil Mansion's inhabitants, also, they've got a chance to learn danmaku skills...
Go to Chapter 7
Go back to Chapter 5
Return to Chapter Index