Go to Chapter 4
Go back to Chapter 2
Return to Chapter Index
Chapter 3 - Meister von Energie - Experte fokussierenmethoden
(Note: it's Masters of Energy - Expert Focusing Methods in German)
Finally, our heroes left Mayohiga, and they're almost at the Forest of Magic, but they're still tired and wounded.
- We need to refill our equipments, we've completely run out of anything! - Chrono sighed.
- I don't want to disturb your thinking, but there is a building there! We can ask there if there is a shop nearby! - said Exa.
- In the middle of the forest?
- Well, as you said earlier, it's worth a try. We need to go there, by the way.
- All right, let's go.
Exa and Chrono went to the building, and they're surprised. In fact, it WAS a shop, called Kourindou, run by Rinnosuke Morichika, and it has everything that a traveller, an adventurer or a hero needs.
- How can I help you? - asked Rinnosuke.
- Well, we need food enough for three days for two people, four potions of healing and two potions of anti-venom. - said Chrono.
- ...and two potions of mana. - added Exa.
- Ok, six rations of food - 300 yen, four potions of healing - 400 yen, two potions of anti-venom - 150 yen, two potions of mana - 150 yen. That'll be 1000 yen.
- One question - are other currencies acceptable? - asked Exa.
- It depends on the currency. I can't accept any worthless currencies.
- What about this? - Exa showed Rinnosuke some GPs (Note: Gold Pieces, from D&D and other RPGs).
- Is this real gold?
- Of course! I don't want to make people don't trust me!
- Wow, you're so fair! - whispered Chrono to Exa.
- Thanks! - answered Exa.
- To tell the truth, I have never seen this currency before, so I need to evaluate this. One moment, please. - said Rinnosuke.
- No problem.
After a few minutes:
- Ok, each GP is equal to 100 yen. So, you need to pay 10 GPs.
- Here you are.
- Anyway, you're new here, right?
- Yes, we have just arrived today.
- But actually you paid for the bought things. Some of the residents here tend to steal things...
- That's true.
- Oh, that must be bad.
- Also consider that I don't have many customers... but at least I don't have concurrency.
- That's good. Anyway, we're leaving now. Goodbye!
After they left Kourindou, Exa and Chrono sat down. They haven't eaten since they were here, and they need some relaxing. They still had a long way today...
As the effect of the food, and the potions, they felt much better. So they continued their way to the forest.
- I have some strange feeling about this place... - said Exa.
- I don't feel anything. - answered Chrono.
- There is some magical force nearby.
- I have no magical sense, you know.
- Yes, I kno...
Exa couldn't finish the sentence, because a huge laser blew in front of them.
- What the hell? - asked Chrono.
- That MUST be the magical force which I felt. Let's go! - and they run to the right, from where the laser came. And they found a witch-looking girl in black clothes.
- YOU ALMOST KILLED US!!! - shouted Chrono.
- Everyone knows that I'm practicing Master Spark on Fridays, ze.
- WE DIDN'T KNOW THIS! You shouldn't shoot lasers at random places!
- Okay, Chrono, calm down! She shouldn't know that we came.
- And do you shoot your lightings everywhere? - Chrono was still angry.
- No, I don't say...
- You're a magician too? That's interesting. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Marisa Kirisame. - So, you're Marisa Kirisame! That's great! We heard your name, and in fact we searched for you. - Really? What do you want?
- We know that you have a lot of things.
- Yes, that's true.
- Do you have a staff named Dispear? It focuses Light and Dark magic,
- Let me see... - and Marisa went back to her house. Chrono and Exa followed her.
- Okay, is that what you need? - Marisa showed a beautiful staff to our heroes.
- Yes, that's what we need.
- But for this, you need to do me a favour, ze.
- What? Another meaningless side-quest? - Chrono couldn't believe that he was so near to the Dispear and he couldn't get it.
- Don't worry, we'll do it fast, and we'll get the staff. - Exa was still calm.
- And what'll happen if we must fight against some other crazy danmaku user?
- Take this as a challenge. By the way, what should we do?
- As you leave the forest, you'll see a lake. In the middle of the lake, there is the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
- Devil? We need to fight with demons? No way! - Chrono shook his head.
- Not really. If you do it right, you don't need to fight. In that mansion, there is the Voile Magic Library.
- A Magic Library? Sounds good.
- Okay, in that library, you can find a book called "Meister von Energie - Experte fokussierenmethoden" (Note: I don't know how Marisa can speak German, I chose a German name to make it more interesting.) Bring me the book, and the staff is yours, ze!
- So, do we need to STEAL it?
- Just borrow it... without the permission of the owner.
- I have a bad feeling about this.
- Don't worry, we can do it! - Chrono winked. Okay, then we will get the book. Bye!
Our heroes left Marisa's house, and walked further.
- It's evening, we must find a place to rest. - said Chrono.
- Okay, but where? We can't just sleep in the forest.
- Hm... good question.
As they went further, their hope has weakened. It was almost midnight, and they didn't find a place to rest. But they saw a light. 'A house! Maybe we can rest there!' - Exa was so happy. He knocked on the door. The door opened, and...
- Do you know what time it is now? - asked the girl who opened the door.
- Sorry, but we're very tired, and we need to find a place to rest.
- And do you think this is the best method?
- We've just arrived here today, and we don't know this place.
- In that case, I can allow you to stay for the night.
- Thank you!
Exa and Chrono entered the house, and they saw that the house was full of dolls. But they were too tired to think about it, so they went to the bed and started to sleep. That was their first day in Gensokyo, the land behind the boundary...
Go to Chapter 4
Go back to Chapter 2
Return to Chapter Index