In a first for the Touhou series, Scarlet Weather Rhapsody supports netplay without needing to use any third-party programs or modifications. Simply hit the "vs Network" option in the menu.
The Vs Network screen
- Host Server.
Will ask you to choose a port number, then asks you whether you want spectators to be allowed in the match or not, then will wait for someone to join.
- Enter and connect to server at IP.
Use the Up, down, left and right buttons to input an IP address and port number to connect to.
- Connect to server at IP from list.
This gets a list of IPs from the "address.txt" file in the Scarlet Weather Rhapsody game directory. To add IPs to this file, make sure each one is a valid IP:Port combination, and on a separate line. Use the Up and Down buttons to choose between IP addresses to join.
- Connect to server from history.
Brings up a list of previously connected to servers, use Up and Down to choose between them.
- Connect to server at IP on clipboard.
This option checks if you have an IP:Port address on the clipboard (i.e: that you have copied in text), and if so, will connect to that address.
- Choose Profile.
Choose which profile you wish to use in netplay.
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody defaults to using UDP port 10800, so people wanting to host games may find it useful to forward that port on their modems. Another alternative if you are having trouble with netplay is to get Hamachi, which simulates a local area network and steps around many of the issues otherwise present in online play.
Touhou 10.5 Netplay Guide
- Easy tutorial on how to connect to players using Network Connection. This can also be done using HAMACHI (Version 188.8.131.52 recommended). NOTE: There are several ways to join a server. --MGassailant 22:41, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Host Server (Host)
Message 1: Port
1) You will be asked for the port of your server.
Message 2: Spectators
1) Spectator Option.
Message 3: Waiting
1) This message appears when your server has been created.
2) If a player manages to connect, the character select screen becomes available.
Enter and Connect to Server IP (Join)
Message 1: Input IP Address and Port
1) You will be asked for the IP Address and Port of your host.
2) After you enter the IP Address and Port, you will see another message
3) If a player manages to connect, the character select screen becomes available.
Connect to Server at IP from List (Join)
Message 1: Available IP Addresses
1) Select from a list of IP Addresses.
Connect to Server from History (Join)
Message 1: Previous IP Address1) Shows the IP Address of a previous server.
Connect to Server at IP on Clipboard (Join)
Message 1: Connect to Server
1) Shows the IP Address w/ Port that you copied.
2) If done correctly, a message should appear w/ server address.
Message 2: Connecting
1 ) Connect to Server.
1) This is an ERROR message, some reasons...
- Return to the Scarlet Weather Rhapsody