Rather than needlessly clutter this page with personal full run high scores I'll just list some runs that are special to me in some way (or not).
The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
180,294,020 - Reimu-B - 2010/07/13 - Replay
- No-miss / no-bomb. Really late on this one, and a one-miss run was done about nine months ago where I miraculously died to the post-Sakuya waves that are aimed around you. Then another one with Reimu-A where I didn't die but spent one bomb at the beginning of stage two out of habit. Didn't realize my mistake until I saw the stat screen. Anyway, it's still a fun game, shotgunning and all.
2,101,730 - Reimu-B - 2010/02/19 - Replay
- Low score attack. No-miss until the purposeful one at Flandre's survival, no bombs until almost at the last moment of Q.E.D. to keep Flandre's form on the screen after the timeout (and spend the last two bombs). Under 2M is doable, but I'd have to find a way around shooting down the white pellet fairies that come after Patchouli (or shooting down only a few). For extreme measures Maze of Love can be timed out from the very bottom for reduced graze count. Reimu-A may be the better pick now if she wasn't already because of a superior bomb for the final spell. I probably stayed with Reimu-B because of the bomb clearing for the survival spell until I thought of suiciding for it.
Perfect Cherry Blossom
1,007,946,840 - Marisa-A - 2008/11/30 - Replay
- First run to break one billion, and it wasn't even a goal in mind at the time. There have been other personal runs to top ten digits by a closer margin, but what makes this memorable is what happened at the end which pushed me over. It wasn't the border or spell bonus either, but the border did play a role at the last moment. Amazing how many more mistakes there were that didn't cross my mind while I was playing back then. All I took notice to were the deaths.
Stage Four - 332,976,420 - Reimu-B - 2009/07/29 - Replay
- Score attack. A lot of room to move up but this is fine for now, the original goal being 300M. Ending with 4,414 graze and 662 point items.
Stage Four - 350,516,370 - Reimu-B - 2010/05/17 - Replay
- Score attack, no certain plan in mind. Ending with 5,474 graze and 663 point items.
Stage Six - 401,010,810 - Reimu-B - 2009/12/27 - Replay
- Score attack. Method for this version of Deadly Dance needs to change, more familiarity needed for Flowery Soul, and Repository of Hirokawa needs to be done in two sections instead of three. One miss on Sumizome Perfect Blossom.
1,354,824,510 - Reimu-B - 2009/12/28 - Replay
- No-miss / no-bomb / no broken borders. Achievement-wise it's no different from the old run, but it's new and improved through the addition of a few extra risks. Looks smoother overall.
1,368,309,510 - Reimu-B - 2010/05/16 - Replay
- No-miss / no-bomb / no-focus / no broken borders. I know unfocused grazing helps with the CherryMax, but I would have expected the previous run to do a better job on the score. I didn't even hit the POC most of the time for 30% Reflowering.
1,620,816,920 - Reimu-B - 2010/08/02 - Replay
- No-miss / no-bomb / no-focus / no broken borders, scoring edition. Let my mind wander during Resurrection Butterfly and forgot to push for the POC during one of the waves. Unsuccessful for the next one after because I was too cautious. That and a number of other adjustments, and a run under these conditions should be capable of doing 1.7B.
1,377,036,400 - Reimu-B - 2010/08/10 - Replay
- No-miss / no-bomb / no broken borders...again. Ran through on a whim to see how Normal could be made more exciting, so more risks and one reckless act, but made it out untouched in the end. If there was a perfect PCB Normal run to recommend watching, it would be this one.
Stage Six - 413,012,070 - Reimu-B - 2009/12/27 - Replay
- Score attack. 420M to be done with Sakuya-B. One day.
1,600,229,510 - Reimu-B - 2010/05/14 - Replay
- No-miss / no-bomb / no broken borders. Didn't time the borders for crucial item collection spots this time, which is why it's only four million ahead of another run that broke two borders and didn't milk Yuyuko's spells. Next time will involve reaching the POC for 50% Reflowering as well.
Stage Six - 447,890,360 - Reimu-B - 2010/01/26 - Replay
- Score attack. Few million short of the next benchmark? Get Sakuya-B to do everything, but Reimu-B is still very much capable of attaining that goal. Very exhilarating to rush for the POC during Resurrection Butterfly, but I'm glad you only have to do it a third as often in a full run to get the border started.
972,510,830 - Reimu-B - 2008/12/28 - Replay
- First Lunatic clear. Building up to this run were PCB story clears of each difficulty that happened to be one month apart. Not wanting to break the pattern I began 1CC attempts the day it should have been done but wasn't successful until two days later. Only then did I realize I was ten days late to begin with. Began submitting runs with this accomplishment to start it, and so scorerunning really kicked off.
1,751,966,160 - Reimu-B - 2009/12/29 - Replay
- Run with emphasis on spell captures, collecting every spell except for Maiden's Bunraku and Hell God Sword. The rest of the game was a mix of basic scoring habits, experimentation, and general foolery. First time trying out the supergraze method for the beginning of stage four, missing out on a large amount of graze for the first border and breaking the second one at the incorrect time. Nonetheless, it was an eye-opening experience and I've made sure to never purposely miss out on it again for any future run.
1,584,843,370 - Reimu-B - 2010/05/23 - Replay
- No-miss / no-bomb. A broken border against Lunasa's second noncard, the beginning of stage six, and a few more against 80% Reflowering because I lost my courage, so only 27 spell card captures. The next goal in line with this would be to finish with only one border break to occur at the stage six spam.
1,485,496,280 - Reimu-B - 2010/05/30 - Replay
- 5-miss / no-bomb / no-focus. 24 spell card captures (failed 80% Reflowering, Sumizome Perfect Blossom, Hanged Hourai Dolls, and Hell God Sword).
419,536,890 - Sakuya-A - 2010/09/18 - Replay
- No-vertical run, ending 2/2 with default settings. Inspired by seeing someone else try it, finished on the second attempt (first ended against Deadly Dance). A short review shows some spots where I could have survived without bombing / dying, and a run with time invested into it could very well end with at least two extra lives as well as doubling the spell capture count to 14.
Stage Four - 30,633,390 - Marisa-A - 2010/01/16 - Replay
- Two-miss pacifist run. I shouldn't have scored a miss on Lyrica's second noncard, but I also deserved plenty more misses during the rest of the battle.
Stage Five - 230,508,700 - Reimu-B - 2010/01/06 - Replay
- Score attack. At least another two million is guaranteed through better bullet bonus timings for the last two spells.
Stage Five - 242,328,020 - Reimu-B - 2010/07/19 - Replay
- Score attack. How times change.
471,978,790 - Reimu-B - 2008/09/27 - Replay
- First Extra clear of any game. Completion occurred 11 days after the first Easy 1CC. I wish I saved more early runs to see myself fumbling around back then.
- All runs under Single Stage are perfect (no-miss, no-bomb, no broken borders) and set to Lunatic (when available) by default. Additional conditions are listed in the notes section.
|Reimu-B||152,970,020||2010/05/28||Replay||Scoring attempt. The only reason to put it up is because I created a spectacle in the stage and fumbled roughly 6M.|
|Reimu-B||50,543,200||2010/05/09||Replay||Pacifist Alice for all three appearances.|
|Reimu-B||373,351,670||2010/02/24||Replay||Merlin route. Partial POC aggression for the post-Lily White waves.|
|Reimu-B||335,113,010||2010/05/04||Replay||No-focus. Lyrica route. I'll have to redo this one to look better. Partial POC aggression revised for the final 'set'.|
|Reimu-B||408,387,080||2010/09/05||Replay||Lyrica route. A little extra scoring, but the dodging looks a little...poor.|
|Marisa-A||395,761,980||2010/09/16||Replay||Lyrica route. A little extra scoring.|
|Marisa-B||307,864,480||2009/12/17||Replay||Lyrica route. Slightly revised method for the post-Lily White waves compared to Marisa-A.|
|Sakuya-B||357,063,480||2010/01/05||Replay||Merlin route. The opener should be simple in practice, but I'm not there yet. It still has me holding my breath.|
|Sakuya-B||401,125,840||2010/09/15||Replay||Lyrica route. A little extra scoring and first attempt, lucky me.|
|Reimu-B||203,440,810||2010/05/30||Replay||No-focus, no opener loopholes. The performance looks really bad.|
|Marisa-A||188,320,800||2009/12/21||Replay||No opener loopholes.|
|Marisa-B||188,407,310||2010/02/23||Replay||No opener loopholes.|
|Sakuya-A||186,770,420||2010/02/24||Replay||No opener loopholes.|
|Sakuya-B||184,403,770||2010/02/23||Replay||No opener loopholes.|
|Reimu-B||275,467,180||2010/07/19||Replay||Documentation purposes (because it's stage six). Second attempt, lucky me.|
|Reimu-B||312,889,090||2010/09/30||Replay||80% Reflowering POC attempts. Partially successful and more like a stunt.|
|Reimu-B||281,158,500||2010/10/11||Replay||Documentation purposes. Yeah, why not perfect stage six 50 times while you're at.|
|Sakuya-B||359,086,600||2010/09/18||Replay||A little extra scoring, but no 80% Reflowering POCing.|
|Marisa-B||1,073,965,360||2010/03/04||Replay||The only run with a BoLaD performance slightly more notable than the others. Poor job during the stage spam.|
Stage Three - 39,090,910 - Reimu & Yukari - 0.318% - Replay
- One-miss pacifist run. Complete fluke but with some actual planning it could be a common achievement, possibly pushing down to no-miss.
Stage Six - 15,002,860 - Reimu-A - 2009/03/07 - Replay
- No-miss pacifist run. I have a small urge to redo it and take on Blazing Wheel without sticking to the bottom. Fancy points, yes please!
Stage Six - 15,002,450 - Reimu-A - 2010/07/15 - Replay
- No-miss / no gapping pacifist run. Finally picked up those fancy points!
707,407,580 - Reimu-A - 0.080% - Replay
- Scoring attempt turned into no-bomb run halfway through stage one. A max lives clear was in reach until an unfortunate turn of events with Utsuho's second spell card.
Undefined Fantastic Object
156,091,270 - Sanae B - 0.070% - Replay
- 11 months later and I'm still being crushed by Extra. Thankfully, my twitch dodging skills improved slightly over the months and it didn't take nearly as many attempts to clear as PCB's Extra (21 versus 176). That and fewer trick-based spells. Ended as it should — no lives, no bombs, last stand. I thought the music fit quite well, both spells and certain deaths.
Cover up the screen above your starting point (touching the top of the character's head). You cannot see or enter that part of the screen with the hitbox.
Imperishable Night - Easy
782,565,060 - Reimu & Yukari - C - 0.205% - Replay
- Not a personally special run, really. Speeding stage one background made things appear a lot worse than they should have been.