Here you can ask questions to the Touhouwiki community. Just edit the page, put in a horizontal line using "----", and ask away! Hopefully someone will know the answer.
started playing Touhou with Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. Things were going fine until I reached Subterranean Animism and Undefined Fantastic Object. Even with the CXZ Diamond, I can't play each game to their full potential. Whenever I play them there's always a black box around the danmaku, characters, etc. It's so awful that when reach Utsuho in SA, her second to last spell card restricts my vision, so I can't even SEE the characters, making it impossible to beat or play. I do use a Mac, but each game prior to these 2 work well and without complaints. If anyone has any suggestions please notify me. User:Jingle123123
what are the archives needed to copy your progress (replays, score, extra locked or unlocked, etc) in every Touhou game? I need to know because I live in 2 different places and need to pass the saves from one computer to the other constantly -_- and saving all the game is a waste of time and space. At least tell me for TH07, I really need it.
- For TH07, save your score file from the main directory and your replay folder. It is similar for the other games. It should just be in wherever you put the Perfect Cherry Blossom folder.
- You don't have to actually install the games, so if you just put the game on a flash drive it will run from it no matter what computer you are on, but that does take up about 450 MB instead of just the save and replays VS3025 15:44, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
Is there a patch or some way to fix Touhou Soccer Moushuuden replays? I had an epic replay where I win at the last second (If I remember well 6-5) and today I watched it and I losed like 8-0 O-o what the hell? (I have the game patched at 2-18-0 and translated to english) could it be because I'm using Applelocale?
oh also... I saw in the options that you can add male voices to the game, but when I activate it nothing happens, is another update needed or something like that to hear the voices?
This is a question I have about almost EVERY Touhou: should I use bombs to get items when there is many and I can't reach them or it's not worth it (for points and surviving, since in some games points give you lives, like EoSD or MoF)?
- Well generally there are certain places where it is good to bomb for score, and there are places where you personally need to bomb for survival. So, it can be worth it to bomb even though you are not about to die. Let me know if this answers your question or if you want a more in depth explanation.
VS3025 05:32, July 3, 2011 (UTC)
I'd like a depth explanation. Oh, I forgot to ask this, in Touhou 7 bombing reduce your cherry, then in that Touhou there is "certain places where it is good to bomb for score" or every time you use a bomb for that I end losing points, no matter how many items are in screen?
- That's a good question, and one I forgot about. In PCB, since you are trying to preserve your cherry, you don't want to bomb unless you are going to die, since the life is worth points at the end of the game. However, there might be a place where you could collect a higher score amount via border and at that point it *might* be better to die than to bomb and take the cherry penalty. Still, the general rule is that it is better to bomb than die, so unless you are really pushing for every last point, I'd keep that in mind.
- Now, for example, in Mountain of Faith, it is perfectly fine to bomb to pick up items, because the loss of faith from bombing can generally be recovered and beaten when there is a large amount of items/bullets on the screen. However, in MoF dying is terrible for your score. By this, I mean you lose the points for having a life at the end of the game and you lose faith, your score is going to decrease a lot by dying. Because of this, you want to make sure you have bombs ready when you are in trouble.
- Generally you would bomb for score when there are too many items/enemies on screen that no matter what you can't kill/collect them all, so you use the bomb to clean up and collect a lot of points. For example, the beginning of stage 6 on EoSD, or I generally do it on the last two stages in UFO. So, to answer your original question in all this, yes, it is fine to bomb for score, however, there are exceptions to this, such as with PCB.
VS3025 14:24, July 3, 2011 (UTC)
How do I watch a replay? I downloaded the .rpy files from gensokyo.org and copied them in the replay folder within the game. But when I run the game, those file wouldn't appear in the Replay section.
- What are the names of the replays? It should be th##_##.rpy. (Touhou game number, replay number.)
VS3025 ~ email@example.com
Do you know where this picture was originally taken from? Thank you very much.
- Poor Meling:(MaronaPossessed 16:24, April 4, 2010 (UTC)
Uhm, what's this game? I've never heard anything about it before, and it looks pretty good to me...
- 東方紅舞闘 (Touhou Koubutou). It's one of the hundreds of fangames lying around. It was released during Reitaisai 7. !8RstuPId2Y 16:33, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
Ok. One question here. I recently donwloaded Touhou Labyrinth (Touhou no Meikyuu) at nyaatorrents.org thing is I get an error window every time I try to create a new game or load a file. It goes like this:
Debug Assertion Failed!
Program: ...Local\Temp\Rar$EX29.43861\thLabyrinth_ver2.04\thLabyrinth File: f:\dd\vctools\ctr_bld\self_x86\crt\src\fgetc.c Line 41
Expression: (stream != NULL)
Ihave no idea what this means or what to do to fix this. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
First question: What is the significance of collecting the cherry items above the POC? They are a red color then, and white otherwise, if you aren't at max cherry. (No, I don't have the patch, so I can't tell if they're different numbers.) --J5983
- Well first of all, cherry items will always have a red number when you aren't at max cherry, and will add no points to your score. When you are at max cherry, they will act just like a smaller point item, giving you 50,000 points when yellow, and gradually decrease in value as you collect them further down the screen. "Gradually" means that just below the auto-collect line, the cherry items are worth 49,900 points, which is different from point items, which will decrease in value drastically (about 60% of maximum value, I think).
- EDIT: it appears to be some sort of sliding scale, but it can dip to about 25%, JUST under the POC. So work on those collecting skills! - J5983 00:13, 22 Aug 2005 (PDT)
- Also, you need to learn your chinese/japanese numbers! Follow along...
- (一:1, 二:2, 三:3, 四:4, 五:5, 六:6, 七:7, 八:8, 九:9, ○:0) --Leviathean 07:22, 30 Jul 2005 (PDT)
- Yeah, I knew up to 5, and 0. The rest mystify me. This is going to change my strategy a bit, though...I never knew about that. Go write the PCB Gameplay article! --J5983 10:38, 30 Jul 2005 (PDT)
- I don't particularly see why your strategy would change given this new information... It just reinforces risking your life to auto-collect all items on screen. Unless you're talking about staying above that "POC" while collecting to make sure they all are "yellow"?
- Also, don't these type of questions belong in the shrinemaiden forums? We do have a "Guides/Tactics" section that is waiting to be used more often...
Imperishable Night: Stage 6B Spell Cards: #153. Ugh. Bad transparency on the lines, all sorts of trajectories on the balls...I can't do it. My only strategy so far is stay up as much as you can. Any advice? J5983 15:10, 30 Jul 2005 (PDT)
- Well, after some experimentation with Alice Solo, I think I might have a way. You'll still need some great dodging-shit skills to capture this card in the first place. Okay, first you have to realize that the familiars that Kaguya launches are actually "aimed" at you, in a sense. If those needle lasers where the only things in this attack, the only thing you would need to do is to move a tiny bit to the side for every laser wave. The next thing you need to know is that the laser density is thinner on the side where the familiar approaches from, and is impossibly thick on the side where the familiar exits. You don't want to be in the thick of that, because you won't survive.
- So here's my suggestion. You start off to the left of Kaguya, about the same x-coordinate as she would travel to the left when she starts moving. Wait until you hear the sound of that first familiar launch, then move right, to the horizontal center of the screen. Try to weave through that first barrage (don't stay at the bottom all the time, you'll die), then move to the left again and weave through the second barrage. Move to the right and weave, move to the left and weave. You should be passing through the thin sections of needle lasers each time, as well as staying directly under Kaguya as a side bonus.
- Alternatively, if you're using Yukari or Remilia, there's a much more uncool way. After setting up your familiars in place, move immediately to the left of Kaguya. When she launches her familiar and moves, go behind her and position yourself as close to directly to the right of her as you can before she launches another familiar. Repeat until you die. There might be times where you actually win. --Leviathean 21:07, 30 Jul 2005 (PDT)
Does the gauge in the youkai-human bar have any relevant significance? It drops and grows, bbut I don't understand its purpose. Sure, it moves in the direction as you use each side, but is there something special to happen if you try to keep it center at 0%?--Chun 11:49, 21 Aug 2005 (PDT)
- It is extremely important for scoring. Basically, being in the middle is bad. At 80%, your phantom shot gets more powerful and you collect time points for grazing. If you are at -80%, all your bullets produce time points when they hit something, and all point items collected above the POC double in value. A large part of scoring hinges on staying at -80% as much as possible, only shifting when forced to or when you want to kill masters to get time points for familiars. The gameplay section will be up eventually... - J5983 13:22, 21 Aug 2005 (PDT)
Thank you for the reply.
I've been shifting on occassion to kill enemies that take that extra second to destroy (Shrine Maiden in Paradise Team), given Yakumo's attack sticks to enemies, even when out of firing area. I am happy to hear this is still in progress; I have a guess that the time system has something to do with rewards, but then again... I really don't know. Though it seems to get full time gives you the "good end".
Oh, and excuse this last question, but how are different spell cards released (Higher leveled cards?)? I understand the usage of "x" to release a bomb, but I read talk of familiars and second spell cards, then get dazed.--Chun 23:06, 21 Aug 2005 (PDT)
- Familiars are the enemies with rings around them that are bound to a master, and disappear when the master dies. You want to avoid killing these if possible during the stage. If you fire in phantom form, your shot passes through them.
- The different spell card happens when you fire the bomb in that space between getting hit and dying. It takes up two bombs instead of one, does more damage, and costs more time points.
- The time system is the biggest factor in your score. Each point increases the counter in the lower left, which sets the value for collecting a blue item above the POC. As you can see, more time=more points.
- And in progress means, it will be up eventually when someone finally sits down and works on it. Personally, I will be working on the PCB Gameplay and Strategy sections first...could be a long wait from the look of things. Heh. But feel free to ask more questions here or on the shrinemaiden forum. - J5983 00:11, 22 Aug 2005 (PDT)
Hi, back with another question.
How does one save a replay file with "User" instead of a "No. 1" and numerical order? I have seen some replays from others who have it as such; TH08_rewerd.rpy, for example.--Chun 14:47, 25 Aug 2005 (PDT)
- Simply rename it th8_ud*.rpy, where * is any number of characters you want to use. You have to do this from outside the game. - J5983 15:26, 25 Aug 2005 (PDT)
Imperishable Night: There is a number in the upper left corner corresponding to the number of escaped slaves. Do you want it high or low? - J5983 18:13, 4 Sep 2005 (PDT)
- If you mean the +number/(+number), you seem to get Time Orb Bonuses when you destroy the Master of Familiars/Slaves while they are still on screen(what the number corresponds to). While I don't know the exact amount rewarded, I do know that in the first stage, I have boosted my Time Orb count from around 2600 by Wriggle's Last Word to near 3400 when I let Familiars live! So therefore, the higher the number, the better. - (( Cobra1 ))
And what is with the 3x grazes? - J5983 18:36, 4 Sep 2005 (PDT)
Allo, I have two questions: 1. What happened to shrinemaiden.com? 2. Where is the current Imperishable Night translation patch?
"Hello. We are currently recovering from a series of unfortunate events, the latest of which was a complete loss of site data and our former domain name shrinemaiden.com."
Imperishable Night translation patch 0.03 beta: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YDHUNSY0
I have the .bin and .cue file for Super Marisa World. How do I start playing? Do I need any other files?
- That's a CD image for burning, somewhat like an ISO file; the BIN file is the actual data, and the CUE tells your program what it has to read. All you have to do is open the CUE with your burning program (K3B, Nero, whatever). Inari, the mischievous fox =^·^=
Question about editing articles:
I'm trying to fix a few errors in the lyrics for "Marisa Stole the Precious Thing," but I keep getting an error saying I'm being blocked by a spam filter from off site. How can I get around this? -Governmentproj13, 18 September 2007
- That was because the spam filter was blocking any article revisions that included the text string ".info", but a link to an Infoseek site had been added to that article before that filter was put in place. Thus, the only way to edit the page would have been to remove or replace the Infoseek URL. But ".info" is no longer blocked here, so you shouldn't have any trouble correcting those errors anymore. -Winane 16:32, 20 April 2008 (PDT)
Question About Game
In both Red Scarlet Devil and Perfect Cherry Blossom, I can get the MIDI background music to work, but not the WAV. How do I fix this?
(Sorry for my english, I`m chilean) I have all the touhou games downloaded, and I want to help with the images of my favorite game, IAMP. It`s a problem if I send images of all Story Mode Spell cards in different levels, if I downloaded the game?
Question about links
I have seen no links at all to download IaMP... Where can I download IaMP? -RoseRain
I heard of a danmaku fangame featuring Touhou characters. It is called something like Rebirth of the Heaven Liquor. It does not appear that you have anything about it.
Since I'm not that good (AKA I suck) at translating could you please find out information about it? Thank you! -BazingStar216 Media:Example.ogg
Two Questions: In Welcome to Wikia Subterranean Animism: Stage 4 Spell Cards, under Recollection "Terrifying Hypnotism" it says "Now, it seems to hint it was from Tatara Kogasa's Spell Card." But Tatara was from Touhou 12. How can it be based on a spell card that wasn't in existance? UIts just confused me. Second: In SA Again on the menu it has "Easy - Fairy class - A difficulty level that makes you sleepier if you play it when you're sleepy. Keep practicing so people don't make fun of you. " Is This a referance to Overdrive by Ioyosis? As in the middle part where Reisen and Tewi are making fun of somone playing on Easy mode?
Thank You ~
- First one, good point. How can someone recall what they have never seen? It was by anon, so it was probably overlooked.
- For the second question, ZUN's always criticized the player for playing easy mode whether through the difficulty selection screen or not letting them see the Good Ends. This predates IOSYS and was the basis for that line in Overdrive. !8RstuPId2Y 19:05, April 8, 2010 (UTC)