Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Return to the Main Page
東方永夜抄 ～ Imperishable Night (romanized: Touhou Eiyashou, meaning Eternal Night Vignette from the East) is the eighth official game of the Touhou series. It is the third to be released specifically for the Windows OS.
The game takes place in the mystic oriental land of Gensokyo. Someone has replaced the real moon with a fake moon that can never become full. Playing as one of 4 human/youkai teams, you must battle your way through 6 difficult stages in search of the full moon and face the one responsible for its disappearance.
- Main article: Imperishable Night: Gameplay (includes a more detailed description of the game and information on scoring)
Imperishable Night features a total of eight playable characters, in pre-set pairs (and later, individually). The pairs work in tandem: one person fires when unfocused, while the other pops in and fires when focused, with a reduction in movement speed. The two attacks can be drastically different. The individual characters do not have an attack change when focused, with the exception of Remilia.
Quite a few smaller details are unique to this game, including Last Spells - for an enemy, a Last Spell is a bonus Spell Card which the player can tackle without fear of losing lives/bombs. On the player side, Last Spells are secondary "bomb" Spell Cards, which last longer/do much more damage at the expense of two bomb stocks. There is a gauge which tracks how human/youkai (normal/focused) you are, as well as a new "Time" system, which affects gameplay.
- Main article: Imperishable Night: Translation (includes the translated script)
- While the story differs slightly depending on which team you select, the general story is as follows. It is based on the the traditional Japanese story "Kaguya-hime."
It's the eve of the Harvest Moon Festival in Gensokyo when youkai sense that something is wrong with the moon. It appears that the moon has been replaced by a fake one. Someone must freeze time and find the real moon to ensure a full moon on the night of the festival.
A human and youkai team set off along a forest path to investigate. Along the way, they encounter a firefly (Wriggle Nightbug) and a night sparrow (Mystia Lorelei), who are quickly defeated. Next, they meet a half-beast (Keine Kamishirasawa) who is protecting a Human Village from youkai. She mistakes the team for enemies and attacks them. After the team defeats her, Keine indicates that the person who switched the moons is in the bamboo forest. In the bamboo forest, they encounter a character (either Reimu or Marisa) who demands to know why the team has been freezing time and causing an imperishable night.
Finally the team reaches the mansion of the perpetrator. But once inside, they find that the mansion is guarded by a pair of rabbits (Tewi and Reisen). The rabbits are defeated, but not before disorienting the team. Confused, the team must choose which path to take (one leads to the real moon and the other leads to the fake moon). After choosing the wrong path, they were able to meet a town pharmacist named Eirin. Eirin had attempted to seal the passage between the Moon and Earth. After picking the right path, they are able to meet the perpetrator of this mischievous scheme, Kaguya. Kaguya is a moon princess in hiding who has taken the real moon in order to sever the link between the earth and the moon. The team restores the real moon and Kaguya challenges them to face the "5 impossible requests."
Having completed the 5 impossible requests, the team is given another challenge by Kaguya: assassinate her rival, Mokou. With the full moon in place, all the enemies become much stronger and Keine becomes a hakutaku. Nevertheless the team prevails, proving that the player controlling them is indeed skillful and probably hopelessly addicted to Touhou games.
- Imperishable Night: Characters
- Imperishable Night: Strategy
- Imperishable Night: Spell Cards
- Imperishable Night: Music
- Imperishable Night: Miscellaneous
- Imperishable Night: To Be Translated
- Imperishable Night: Official Site
- 1.00d update patch.
- Imperishable Night: English Patch (For best results, you should use this patch without having your locale set to Japanese, as having one will cause some of the text in the game to be cut off. To install the game itself without having Japanese-language capability as required for a conventional installation, simply right-click on the drive with the TH08 CD, select "explore", then copy the "eiya" folder and paste it elsewhere. An alternative way is to install the game with the locale, then rename the game directory using non-Japanese characters after changing locales.)
- Touhou th6 ~ th9.5 Windows10 corresponding Tool
- Imperishable Night: Shot Type Comparison
- Imperishable Night: English scoreboard, at Maidens of the Kaleidoscope
- Imperishable Night: English scoreboard, at Shmups Forum
- Imperishable Night: Japanese scoreboard
- Return to the Main Page